Proxmark3 community

Research, development and trades concerning the powerful Proxmark3 device.

Remember; sharing is caring. Bring something back to the community.

"Learn the tools of the trade the hard way." +Fravia

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Time changes and with it the technology
Proxmark3 @ discord

Users of this forum, please be aware that information stored on this site is not private.

#1 2024-08-10 14:03:47

lslarry86
Contributor

False error from Proxmark3.exe

My proxmark3 client will only run under gdb.  This is a new problem - it worked fine [edit typo] last month.

I have a Proxgrind PM3 that I bought for ISO15693 sniffing.  In 2022, I figured out how to compile etc. to enable that feature, and have been using that firmware/client combination at least once a month since then.  This week I reached for it and got this message:
> proxmark3.exe com17
[!!] Capabilities structure version sent by Proxmark3 is not the same as the one used by the client!

So I rebuilt my tree (make clean && make all) and reflashed the unit (pm3-flash-bootrom && pm3-flash-all, a few times).  I'm still getting the same error.  I tried adding a printf to comms.c but it doesn't make it to the screen.  I tried sprintf to a buffer and showing that with the PrintAndLogEx(ERR, _RED_( mechanism, but gave up on the error messages.  Finally resorted to gdb, and it worked.  Instead of the error message, I got a warning, the client ran fine, and I got my day's work done.

This is my client version banner, but I'm not sure it matters since it all worked last month:
Client: RRG/Iceman compiled with MinGW-w64 10.3.0 OS:Windows (64b) ARCH:x86_64

I can use it this way for now, but sense a downward slide in capability.  Is there anything more creative to do here than "get the new code?"

Thanks for your contributions.

Last edited by lslarry86 (2024-08-10 14:08:03)

#2 2024-09-11 18:26:50

quterydyf
Contributor

Re: False error from Proxmark3.exe

Make sure you didn't somehow get two proxmark3 trees in your %PATH%.
Better yet, search the entire drive for "proxmark" strings and check each.

#3 2024-09-16 17:45:50

lslarry86
Contributor

Re: False error from Proxmark3.exe

You're right, there was a stale version of proxmark3.exe in /usr/local/bin, whatever that maps to in the special bash that comes with ProxSpace.  I should have run my compiled program with "./"  Thank you.

Board footer